Moped registration in Slovenia?

People from all over the world can present your mopeds here, or you can ask whatever you want to know about mopeds.
Odgovori
Tibernius
auspuh lager
Kraj: Maribor

Moped registration in Slovenia?

Odgovor Napisal/-a Tibernius »

Hi folks,

First off, I live in Slovenia. I'm still learning the language though, which is why this post is in this section.

I'm considering buying a moped. Ideally, one that needs repair. I'm going to be repairing and modifying it, so the condition it is in is not as important. The problem I've found is that a lot of the mopeds I'm considering haven't been registered, or are without their papers.

Is that likely to prove an issue? I don't know how difficult it is to register a moped here, or how much it costs.
Also, is there any changes with registering a modified moped? I know that there are restrictions in engine size (<50cc) and maximum speed (45kph).

Any help/information would be much appreciated! :)
Uporabniški avatar
aljo69
el presidente
Kraj: Celje

Re: Moped registration in Slovenia?

Odgovor Napisal/-a aljo69 »

Wellcome to the forum.

For registration you're going to need papers looking like this. And you wil have to sign over moped on your name (you also need a valid driving licence to be able to do this).
Slika

When moped is signed over on your name you can take it to the MOT (tehnični pregled) where mopeds are checked for speed (45km/h - very strictly, better less than more), lights, brakes, at least one mirror, blinkers are not needed if hasn't been equiped with it stock, you better have stock exhaust too so you don't have any problems with that either.

After that you sort out the insurance you get the plates and you're good to go. Al this can be sorted in one place where te MOT is (tehnični pregledi near you)

Total costs shouldn't be higher than 100€ (not including moped).

But there is also another option ... you can look up for a 25km/h moped where you need no registration, isurance or driving licence but prices are much higher.

(Tomos flexer 25 for example)
http://www.avto.net/Ads/details.asp?ID=10874649

Hope that helps and wellcome to the forum
Uporabniški avatar
brejker
vplinjač
Kraj: Kamnik

Odgovor Napisal/-a brejker »

Welcome in Slovenia and on our moped forum.

The thing with papers is: In Yugoslavia they could ride mopeds without needing registration.
With new country allso came new rules. Most of papers (proof of ownership) were lost in the proces.

You just look for mopeds that are allready have registration plate and valid tech inspection.

Check allso facebook page for more mopeds on sale. This apn is for 300€ with front disc brake : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

For tech inspection (every year) you must get your moped to go 50km/h.
Later when you come home you deristrict it again.

The best thing for you is to tell us where are you living and shure somebody from this forum will be glad to help you when it comes to mopeds.
Kolk leti?A gre potazadni?A gre do tačke?Ajkej piln?
Projekt: Tomos BT - Café racer
Tibernius
auspuh lager

Thanks for the welcome! :)

I do have a driving licence, but it's a UK one. I'm swapping it over soon though.

@brejker - Thanks! The link isn't working for me though. Could you tell me the name of the facebook group it was posted in?

I'm in Maribor, but I've already got a car and have been told that I can borrow a trailer, so I've been looking across Slovenia in general.

@Aljo69 - Thanks for the info! :) I guess a moped without papers is pretty much a lost cause then.
Why is it worth keeping the stock exhaust - I'm guessing they either check volume (dB) or co2 emissions?

I think part of the problem is I'm looking for a top-tank style moped - ideally a BT50 or ATX. I'm guessing from the prices they're rarer?

The other option I was considering is buying a new frame, then buying the rest of the parts individually. I have heard something about there being a requirement to prove where all the parts came from in that case, though. :?
Uporabniški avatar
aljo69
el presidente

if the exhaust is not the original one you need to put it through the inspection and you need paperwork that says this exhaust it's not too loud or has bad emissions and most exhaust don't have the paperwork to do this.

ATX or BTis good choice but for BT you need a motorbike licence because BT50 is stock capable of speed like 85km/h. Same as Tomos 14,15, CTX, E90 (they all exceed the 45km/h speed limit stock).

With moped licence you can drive the automatic ones (a3,a35, youngster), APN, ATX.

For automatic this would be a good pick if you can beat down a price a little bit. (look for a35 ones)
http://www.avto.net/Ads/details.asp?ID=10933712

if you want manual transmission I would suggest APN because they are more common and cheaper than ATX ... and it's a good beater allround.
http://www.avto.net/Ads/details.asp?ID=10856274 like this one for example

good atx can be priced from 400 to even 600e. And I suggest that you don't buy heavily modified ones or the crappiest ones because you will soon find out that moped needs more work than you would expect and the costs can really add up.

Hopefully now that we know where are you in Slovenia someone locally reaches out to you and helps you with buying and all the translations and stuff.
Tibernius
auspuh lager

Hi again,

I've finally found an ATX that is in reasonable condition and in my budget, but I'm a little confused about the process of changing ownership.

The moped has a "prometno dovoljenje", but it seems to be an out-of-date one (it seems to have expired at the end of 2015). The moped does not currently start (it needs a new alternator and clutch), and from what I can understand of the registration process it will need to pass a technical inspection in order to be registered - which it won't, because it doesn't start.

Without being able to register the moped to my name, how would I change ownership?
Uporabniški avatar
aljo69
el presidente

Tibernius napisal/-a:Hi again,

I've finally found an ATX that is in reasonable condition and in my budget, but I'm a little confused about the process of changing ownership.

The moped has a "prometno dovoljenje", but it seems to be an out-of-date one (it seems to have expired at the end of 2015). The moped does not currently start (it needs a new alternator and clutch), and from what I can understand of the registration process it will need to pass a technical inspection in order to be registered - which it won't, because it doesn't start.

Without being able to register the moped to my name, how would I change ownership?
You'll need to make bill of sale (Kupoprodajna pogodba) with the owner and then approve it by the officials "uveritev pogodbe" on local "upravna enota". This will transfer ownership on your name. You will also need valid driving licence for that. Then after you fix the moped you can register moped on local "tehnični pregledi" or MOT facility. That's all.

http://www.refleks.si/wp-content/upload ... a-avto.pdf
Here is bill of sale in slovenian languge and get someone who speaks slovenian to help you with this.
Odgovori