Manual Shifting Engine

People from all over the world can present your mopeds here, or you can ask whatever you want to know about mopeds.
KVAS
Mojster
Kraj: Domžale

Re: Manual Shifting Engine

Odgovor Napisal/-a KVAS »

MichielWolthaus napisal/-a:Still thinking about building an manual shifting engine.

But what are the pro's and cons of putting an A35 cilinder onto a manual shifting engine?

The only pro I can think of is less fuel use.
U also should get better throtle response, cause a35 cilinder has a reed valve.
Uporabniški avatar
MichielWolthaus
batzajla
Kraj: Brakel, The Netherlands

Odgovor Napisal/-a MichielWolthaus »

The 'neck' of the cilinder or the 'neck' of the engine?
Uporabniški avatar
pomartin
Mojster
Kraj: Postojna

Odgovor Napisal/-a pomartin »

of the cilinder- it is few mm to wide
bol star bol nor!
Uporabniški avatar
MichielWolthaus
batzajla
Kraj: Brakel, The Netherlands

Odgovor Napisal/-a MichielWolthaus »

Allright, another question.

Has an stock membrame-cilinder enough torque/power to ride in the 4th gear of an manual shifting engine?
If not, what do I need to change to get enough torque/power to ride in the 4the gear?

I thought about making the exhaust port a little wider, or even make the tranferports higher(less rpm).

Hope you guys got answers to this, because in the Netherlands almost nobody knows something about the manual shifting engines.
Uporabniški avatar
pomartin
Mojster
Kraj: Postojna

Odgovor Napisal/-a pomartin »

Has an stock membrame-cilinder enough torque/power to ride in the 4th gear of an manual shifting engine?
yes it has :D
but if you want even better performance, you will have to make some changes. i recommend that you found some portmap- here on our forum you can find junior portmap- and copy it on your cylinder.
stock membrame-cilinder have very good potential for tunning, but you need to be very patient becouse there is quite much material to whet.
bol star bol nor!
KVAS
Mojster
Kraj: Domžale

Odgovor Napisal/-a KVAS »

MichielWolthaus napisal/-a:Allright, another question.

If not, what do I need to change to get enough torque/power to ride in the 4the gear?

I thought about making the exhaust port a little wider, or even make the tranferports higher(less rpm).

Hope you guys got answers to this, because in the Netherlands almost nobody knows something about the manual shifting engines.
U should get a better perfomance just by widening the exhaust port like u already set. But if u will rise the transfer port u will decrease the power in low rpm and increase the power in high rpm. Explanation: When the piston is moving faster, the transfer ports must be opened a bit longer then in stock cyilinder. So if u rise the port, moped wont go well in lower rpm because mixture will flood the engine, but in higher rpm the moped should go very well. But another fact is, that u cant rise just transfer port, but also the exhaust port and inlet port that must not be risen but lowered.

I hope i helped u a bit,

Regards, Simon
Uporabniški avatar
aljo69
el presidente
Kraj: Celje

Odgovor Napisal/-a aljo69 »

or simply read the graham bell 2 stroke performacne tuning book :)

http://file.si/pfiles/173944/a-graham-b ... troke-.pdf
Odgovori